Goals

Monday, October 7, 2013

Difficult Conversation

Characters: Angela (babysitter), Grace (kid), Nick (kid)

*scene takes place in December right before Christmas. Angela is watching Christmas movies with the kids she babysits, Grace(2nd grade) and Nick(4th grade).*
Angela: Are you excited for Santa to come?
Grace: (quickly answers with great excitement) Yes!
Angela: What do you want to get for Christmas?
Grace: The new American Girl Doll.(shows Angela a picture of doll in magazine)
Angela: That's so cool. I'm sure you'll get it.
Grace: What do you think you'll get for Christmas?
Angela: Hopefully these new boots that I showed my mom to get me. (Angela immediately realizes her mistake, gasps, and covers her mouth in shock of her minute but obvious mistake.)
Grace: What do you mean your mom......?
Angela: Ummm...I.I-(Stutters trying to quickly think of an explanation to cover up her mistake.)
Grace: Do you not believe in Santa Clause? Is he not real? (Grace is overwhelmed with confusion.)
Nick: Clearly he isn't real Grace. You're so stupid for believing in him. (Nick tries to prove his 4th grade "wisdom and maturity" by degraded Grace and her innocent Christmas spirit.)
Grace: WHAT! (Grace starts to get emotional and looks at Angela for a desperate explanation.)
Angela: (struggling to cover up her damage.) What I meant to say was that...Umm... I showed my mom to see if she liked them to make sure I definitely want to put them on my Christmas list to send to Santa. (Anxious to see if Grace believes her explanation.)
Grace: Oh good. (Angela smiles, relieved at Grace's reaction.) See Nick! Your the dumb one! He is real! (Nick rolls his eyes and loses interest in the conversation.)
*scene ends. Angela, Grace, and Nick continue watching the Christmas movie.*

No comments:

Post a Comment