Goals

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Interview

Me: Hi mom. Can I ask you a few questions on parenting for my English class?
Mom: Of course you can.
Me: How did you decide that living in Mansfield is the best place to grow up?
Mom: It was a good community and it had lots of children and we liked the location and we found a nice neighborhood we thought would be great to bring our children up in.
Me: How did your upbringing influence mine?
Mom: I was brought up in a family that had a lot of love and that's how I chose to raise my children.
Me: How did the environment you grew up in differ from mine? And why?
Mom: It didn't differ all that much. The environment I grew up in was a small town with lots of children and that was the community I was looking for to live in for our kids. And Mansfield was very similar.
Me: How did the similarities of the environment you grew up in influence mine?
Mom: I grew up in a similar environment.. a small town... you already asked me that question.
Me: Oh.
Me: When we were younger and we moved to Mansfield from West Roxbury, why did we move?
Mom: I didn't like living in the city. I didn't want to bring my children up in the city, I wanted to bring them up in a similar environment I had been brought up in.
Me: At any point in time, did you regret or have any doubts about moving to Mansfield?
Mom: None whats so ever.
Me: Alright. What got you to have children?
Mom: I've always wanted children.
Me: Before having children of your own, what was your view of children?
Mom: I've always loved children but I wanted to make sure I was ready to make the commitment to have children. Children are always a good thing and I think they build a family.
Me: If you could change anything would you?
Mom: There is nothing I would change about my children. I think they are wonderful children and I can't wait to see the people they grow up to be.
Me: Did you have any challenges raising my brothers and me?
Mom: Yes there was lots of challenges in raising three kids.
Me: Like?
Mom: You know like sometimes things would be hard in school and you need to make sure they had extra support. Hectic schedules. Making sure everyone had what they needed for school, for activities. Those were all challenges.
Me: What were your goals for raising kids?
Mom: My goals for my children to be raised happy, healthy, and honest children.
Me: What were your disappointments?
Mom: Thankfully I haven't had many disappointments in my children. They are all great kids and really couldn't ask for any better children.
Me: Did you have any disappointments as a parent?
Mom: Sometimes we always doubt some choices that we make for them. We hope that they are the right choices that we make for them.
Me: Okay. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment