Goals

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New Thoughts

In the story crops video, "Sundays at Rocco's", made me see a point I had not realized. My  Nona always tells me stories of when she was younger and how she used to live with her grandmother, grandfather, mother, and other relatives all in one house in Dorchester. Her grandmother and grandfather had came to America from Italy and in her house all they spoke was Italian. This story corp immediately reminded me of my Nona and how times have changed. I live in Mansfield with just my parents and my brothers. All my relatives live in different towns and some different states. When I do have Sunday dinner it is just with my parents and brothers. I only have one big dinner with my entire family including my relatives is holidays. It is sad to think that when my Nona was my age, and even though she was an only child, she a house full of family members that she would consider her immediate family who she would see everyday whereas now you see your grandparents once a month and relatives every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment